Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Idea

First off, let me say that I have no idea how or why this post was created. It seems that there have been fairly large numbers of people "reading" it, but to what end, or who these people might be, I have no idea. That is because until now, there was virtually nothing here other than what looked to be a post of nothing, not a word. Touching one another or influencing one another, or touching each other deeply in ways that change lives across great distances is great, but it seems curious to me that there would be rogue devices that are just pulling down content, or lack of it, for no reason.

I have been told that if I add a photo to each post, and have a way to tease out how often they are viewed, rather than my words, that somehow this will give me a better idea of who is really reading my content. It mat seem strange but a picture might be able to help determine who is reading my work and who is not. What I prefer is to hear from those who have been influenced, those who are taking issue with what I have said or even those who are thankful for hearing my point of view. Without these things, or donations to help me continue to write, there is little evidence that I am reaching people.

My message to the fourteen readers who came across this empty post over the last three weeks, I have no idea what this was or how it got there. Believe me, when I sit down to write, I always have something to say! Even if only WTF? How can we find our way forward without the probing light of day that is shed by communication into the abyss? How can we trust one another to make reasoned decisions without mentioning any facts? How can we assume to know something if we accept the opinions of others without getting to the bottom of where their "truth" comes from?

This link is to something that I have known for a long, long time, it seems to help us to see a larger picture and I post it here to help people to understand that we frequently fear things we do not understand far more than we fear the policies that have been based on lies, fed to us with "good intentions" by others who do not have any facts, credibility or understanding about the positions that they have taken. Each of us has probably had a grandfather, uncle or father who said:"Don't ask why, just do it.", "I said so, that's why." or something to that effect. What they mean when they say those sorts of things is: "I don't know why." or "I feel uncomfortable with the fact that I don't have any good reasons to back up my position." What they are telling you to do is to bend to their will, accept power and control as our fate and to unquestioningly put yourself below them on the social hierarchy.


Just say no to ignorance. Here are some ideas, perhaps you have had a few of them yourself. Don't take my word for it. Educate yourself! This is just a jumping off point. You may want to make some popcorn before you start. If you tend to get angry when you have to suffer fools, be warned, there are a few in this film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFJYxCx7zk

No comments: