Sunday, January 9, 2011

Slow Start to the New Year

2011 has brought tremendous change to my world. As busy as I have been, it has been hard to spend any time writing and I'm missing this form of expression more than I thought I might. I thought I had come away from 2010 without having to sit through all those This Is The Year That Was shows. You know, the ones that rehash all the major stories and deaths of the past twelve months. Strangely, I guess they just moved some of them to the New Year. I guess someone must have decided that something major might take place between Christmas and New Years.

Our family has come together to celebrate the life of our patriarch and pay our final respects to my father-in-law, Donald L. Burns of Green Bay, Wisconsin. Between his funeral, the family visits and several days of work out-of-town, the time has just flown by. There have been several newsworthy topics that I could have written about but being away from my computer has made it hard to keep up this blog. I'm sorry if there are folks who read it regularly that have been disappointed.

I have been reading a bit more lately and having great conversations with family and friends, but remarkably, the pace of life seems to have slowed for once. I hope everyone has a chance to take a deep breath and relax a bit in the new year. Blessed Be, Tony C. Saladino

No comments: